The Exam Reimbursement Fund was created to provide support to ASU students who are pursuing a career in the actuarial profession. The fund will provide grants to reimburse exam fees for qualified students who take the examinations sponsored by the Society of Actuaries (SOA) or the Casualty Actuarial Society(CAS).
Successful applicant must:
- Be a current full-time student in the Actuarial Sciences BS or MS program or other program housed within ASU's School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Demonstrate a reasonable level of preparation for the examinations. Typically, this would include completion of course work related to the examinations such as calculus, probability theory, economics, finance, or theory of interest (include unofficial transcript)
- Have a current cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- NOT BE an employee of a company that provides reimbursement for actuarial examinations
- Apply within 30 days of passing the exam
- Must be a GIS @ ASU (Gamma Iota Sigma Kappa chapter) club member in good standing
Applicant must submit the following items
- Copy of the exam receipt, showing the last four digits of the credit card used for the purchase, for the exam fee
- Proof of a pass (copy of the printed results indicating a pass, which includes the initial preliminary pass document)
- Unofficial transcript
Selection will be based on the above criteria and on the availability of funds. Submit applications as soon as possible after the exam. The actuarial science faculty will make the final decision on reimbursements.
Reimbursements are processed at the end of the month.